Monday, August 25, 2008

The end of Summer...

is almost here. Sigh....

The attic renovations continue. I've moved my scrapbooking space into the 'back' half of the attic, while Greg works on the 'front' half. My space is a whole lot smaller then where I was and I ended up packing up a lot of stuff that I hope I don't need for a while. However, I've also seem to have misplaced a few things too. I can't find ANY of my Core-dinations cardstock! :-(

This past weekend, Greg and his friend Doug took down the old chimney that was running through the front half. It took them most of Saturday and according to Doug it was 'winter proof'.

Not so much! We had a down pour of rain on Sunday and the water started dripping in. Fortunately I was working in the attic so I heard the dripping and we were able to set up a temporary 'fix' until Greg can get up to the roof and fix it. He says the leak is in the 'old' part of the roof and not where they were working. Whatever! We just need to get it fixed or there will be a whole lot more work to do -- like replacing ceilings on the 2nd floor!

We're heading to Saskatoon in September to attend my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. I'm looking forward to the visit. Get a chance to catch up with some friends and family.

There's nothing going on after that until my parents come for Christmas, so I have plenty of time and no excuses to get some stuff done!

Greg picked up his 'new to him' MGB a few weeks ago. Cute little car, but he's already been doing repairs on it. I haven't driven it yet. Maybe I'll wait until next spring.

I'd post pictures, but since I don't beleive anyone actually reads my blog, I'm not sure what the point would be... ???

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey! I read you blog!!!! darn it all, post me some pictures!!! I want to see the cute little car and your new scrapbook room!!