Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Some very exciting news!!!

Ever since I started scrapbooking, I’ve always had a dream of owning my own store. I would drive by store fronts that are for lease and imagine having a scrapbooking store there.


Well, my dream has now come true. I have recently purchased all the fixtures from The Scrapping Nook Inc and have opened a new store – Scrapping Nook Ltd.

Despite the minor name change, there will only be a few noticeable differences:

Location:
  • 301 Thorold Rd., Unit 3A, Welland, Ontario 
  • Located at the corner of Thorold Rd. and Prince Charles. It is in the same plaza as the new Shell gas station

Anticipated Opening Date:

  •   January 9th, 2010
  • If possible, we may open earlier
  • Gift Certificates are available for purchase at any time.

 New hours:

  •   Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat – 10am – 5pm
  •  Thurs – 10 – 7pm
  •  Closed: Sun & Mon
  •  Online: 7/24/365

 Staff:

  •  I am happy to announce that Tara Etling will be joining the Nook team to manage the store on my behalf
  • Margo Shute will also be working part-time to assist Tara as well as back-fill when Tara is unavailable to work

 Online website/store (http://www.thescrappingnook.ca/): 

  •  The online store and the existing website will remain in place
  •  I am looking into an inventory control system so that your future online shopping experience will be an even more positive one

 Classes:

  •   Tara’s Monthly Card and Layout classes will continue
  •  The Copic Club will also continue

 To start off, our design team will be:

  •  Jen Backler
  • Karen Thompson
  • Jillian Anger
  • Heather Goodes (her focus will be on cards/copics)

 Be sure to stay tuned for some exiting ‘Grand Opening’ specials (Date TBD):



 • Online weekend crop with some fun challenges and games, as well as great prizes

 • Free Make & Takes in the store

 • In store draws and games

 I want to thank Patti and Elia for all that they did over the past 7 years to make the Scrapping Nook community what it is. They have put a lot of love and time into creating this wonderful community that I have been honoured to be a part of. I wouldn’t be taking on this exciting adventure if it wasn’t for them.

I hope that you will join us as we celebrate the opening of the Nook. We look forward to continuing to provide you with all your scrapbooking needs – or wants - in the coming years.


3 comments:

Kim Sanderson said...

holy crap Janice!!! that is amazingly awesome news, I am thrilled to the moon for you, if you ever need anything help setting up for opening, inventory count, an extra part time employee, you know my number, looking forward to seeing it once it's open!!! congrats and big hugs!

Jennifer said...

Janice...I am so happy for you, this is great news and can not wait till it happens! I know you will do a great job as you are the shopping queen!!! I just wish you were closer....but you know road trips are always good!! COngrats again!

tina werner said...

congratulations janice!!!
so happy for you!
i wish you great success with this new venture! if you ever need any help with anything, just ask ;)

hugs, t