Wednesday, August 26, 2009

All Aboard!!!

Well we are now on the ship. It's a great ship, from what I've toured of it so far. Our room is nice. I've unpacked everything so we are settled in.

We're going to go for dinner in a little while and then we do an evening gondola serenade. I'm looking forward to that. We were suppose to do that 11 years ago when we were in Venice, but it was cancelled due to weather. It looks good out there so far, so hopefully it won't be cancelled again!

Greg paid for his parking ticket today. He thought I had mis-read the numbers and that maybe it was only 11.20 Euros. Yeah right! It seems he parked in some 'specialty' parking and that's why it was so high. We had no idea. Didn't really see any special signs around. Guess we were lucky tho... if they had come back again and the car was still there, they would have towed it away -- that would have been another 250 Euros! Did I mention that he was driving an Alpha Romeo? He was loving it. He's anxious to see what we'll get in Spain. I didn't do any driving in Italy, but I think I will in Spain... if he lets me... ;-)

We met 2 other couples at the airport today (that's where we had to drop the car off) from Ontario. One couple is from Cambridge, the other from the Distillery District in Toronto. We lost them as we went through all the boarding hoopla. Maybe we'll run into them again.

Anyways...it's been great so far. I've tried to take lots of pictures. Hard to get pictures of Greg and I together, but we'll have to work on that.

That's it for now. I've bought my 'package deal' for using the internet. May eat them up fast, the connection is so slow!!!

Until next time...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh I can't wait to see some pics!!! Enjoy your gondola ride tonight! Sounds like your ship is nice. Are the rooms small?

Unknown said...

The gondola ride sounds like it will be very nice. I hope the weather stays clear so that it isn't cancelled. Thanks for the updates Janice!

Unknown said...

How was your gondola ride? You didn't blog about it.