Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We made it to Venice!

The drive to Venice today was a breeze. I was able to print off a map from Google before I left our hotel in Ravenna, so that helped a big time.

Now comes the OUCH! We drove off from the hotel this morning and I noticed that there was something under the windshield wiper. I pulled it out when we got to the gas station. It was a parking ticket -- for 112 Euros!!!!! Nuts!!! We had no idea how to pay for it, so we will deal with it when we drop the car off tomorrow.

We enjoyed our stay in Venice so far. We walked from our hotel to St. Marks square today which was about 30 minutes through the maze of Venitian streets. I let Greg do the navigating. It was HOT, HOT, HOT!!! But we still enjoyed it. After we got back, Greg had a nap and I went wandering on my own. I was at the train station, on the front steps writing post cards when a lady sitting next to me started chatting. Turns out she live in California, but grew up in Uxbridge. She seems to love to travel. She travels alone, which seems a little sad, but she enjoys it.

We went for a nice dinner and now we are on our way back to the room for the night, but I
walked by the internet cafe, so I had to stop in.

I am sure I am missing details of our adventure so far, but I only bought 15 minutes and I want to get this posted before I run out of time.

Until next time...Ciao!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that really sucks about the ticket!!! Too bad the hotel didn't have appropriate parking for their guests. Do you have to drive on the other side of the road there?

Janice V said...

No Patti -- the drive on the 'right' side! All in Kilometers too, which is nice. Just didn't understand the signs well enough to know that the spot was 'special' or something like that... *sigh*

Janice V said...

Ooopps...Sorry Rita... Don't know why I thought it was Patti responding... I'll blame jetlag... lol

Unknown said...

well I am here...........religiously checking in and reading EVERY SINGLE WORD you type Janice!!!! I am so excited for you! I love that you are blogging your adventures. Makes me miss you less. :0(

Unknown said...

no problem Janice ~ with a slow connection, I think I'd forget who I was speaking to and forget what I was going to say too!