Monday, August 24, 2009

Hello from Ravenna...

Well -- we made it! What a LONG 2 days it has been.

The flight to Rome was uneventful -- thankfully! Everything since then has been an adventure!

It took us FIVE hours to find our hotel in Rome!! The streets go in multiple directions and there are NO clear street signs -- and they change name constantly. Needless to say, we did not really get to see much of Rome at all.

I tried to go onto the net from our hotel there, but it did not work, even though I still had to pay for it. Oh well!!

We left Rome this morning around 10:30. We arrived at our hotel at around 10:30 pm! We had tried to take the scenic route, but that was taking forever and got a little dull after a while, so we got on the autostrada. Bad idea!! It was nuts! We were actually stopped for about 20 minutes at one point.

This adventure sounds vagues familiar to me... something to do with the 4 hour tour around Buffalo... :-)

Anyways, we here at the hotel. A little hungry, but too tired to care! No way are we taking the scenic route to Venice tomorrow. We are going straight there so we can enjoy some things instead of spending the entire day in the car! Although I did see a nice shopping area in Ravenna -- and Greg needs shoes since he forgot to pack his. Nice Italian shoes -- can't go wrong with that!

Only one more night and then we board the ship! :-)

I do not believe the hotel in Venice has internet, so I will post again when we are on the ship on Wednesday.

I do not know if they covered any of this on Canadian news, but Athens is having major fires. Not sure how this will impact our trip. I will keep you posted!

Good night all!! I'm tired from a full day of driving and trying to figure out how to use this Italian keyboard! That the tab broke off my pop, now I can't open it.

Definately time for bed!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Janice!!!!!!! So happy to hear your update!!! Sounds like you got there safe and sound, which is wonderful. Sorry the roads are such a PITA.....hopefully your travels tomorrow will be better! I can't wait to hear more updates.

Unknown said...

I was wondering if the fires in Greece were going to affect you. I hope the rest of your trip is a bit more relaxing and the adventures are more to your liking. Thanks for keeping us updated!

dwilson said...

heh chicky,

sounds like a great adventure! I didn't ready anything about you taking TONS OF PICTURES!! What's up with that?