Saturday, September 5, 2009

France

Today we were in France. What a great day! It was an early one tho... 7:15! I'm surprised Greg was so easy to wake up! LOL

We dropped anchor in Cannes. We tendered to shore where we took a bus to Nice -- the 'old city' which was really nice. Somewhat similar to Venice and Rome, without as much history, but still beautiful architecture. From there we went to Eze -- which is nicknamed the Eagle's Nest. It's an old town built in the side of a mountain. It was really nice! And the scenery from there of the coast -- French Riviera was really nice.

From Eze we went to Monaco and Monte Carlo. Completely different from Nice and Eze, but still very nice --- and very rich!! Greg was drooling over the cars we saw in Monte Carlo. As someone said -- there were more Bentleys than there are cabs in Britain! LOL

We've just left Cannes and now we are on our way to Barcelona -- and the end of our cruise. We are at sea all day tomorrow -- which I'm looking forward to and then we arrive in Barcelona on Monday. We've booked an excursion to Montserat (sp?) and then they'll take us to the airport where we will pick up our rental car. We'll be staying in Barcelona on Monday night and then from there we'll be heading to Valencia. Hopefully we'll have better luck with driving and directions than we did in Italy!

Just wanted to drop a note to Patti, Elia, Barb and the rest of the Nook staff. I'm so glad to hear that nobody was hurt at the store when the electrical fire happened. My thoughts are with you all. Big hugs!!!

Probably won't post tomorrow -- but who knows. I will have to get online to print directions, etc. I don't know if any of the hotels I've booked in Spain have internet access, so I don't know how many updates I'll be able to give, but if I can, I will, so keep checking!!

Have a wonderful day. I'm off to meet our British friends before we head for dinner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Janice!!!! Sounds like you are still having a great time. Man alive, I miss you!!! There sure is lots to fill you in on!!! Safe travels in Spain! Hope your rash is better. Hugs xxxxxx