Monday, September 7, 2009

I HEART Barcelona

i am going to apologize upfront for any typos... spanish keyboard -- things are not where you expect them to be...

anyways, we made it to Barcelona and I love it. I may wish that we had stayed a day longer...

We were up early -- had to be off the ship by 8:30. After collecting our luggage, we took a bus to Monserrat, which was very nice. The drive up there was incredible. Not one you would want to take being tired, drunk or talking on the cell phone. You need to be completely focused to drive that road, but there was some great scenery.

From there we went to the airport to get our car. It only took us 2 hours to find our hotel -- which was only 20 minutes away. We are getting better at finding our way.

Our hotel is in the Rambas (sp?) district which has lots of shops and food -- and a great market. We walked around and found some place to eat -- along with some Sangria. Greg went back to the room I wandered around some more. Did manage to get lost, but did ask someone and found my way back, but wow...what a wonderful city.

Tomorrow I hope to get to the Gothic district. Then we will make our way to Valencia -- about 3.5 hours away.

It is going on 9:30 pm and I'm heading back to the room for the night.

Have a great evening.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds wonderful Janice!!!!!! I hope your last few days are wonderful! It's hard to believe your three weeks is almost up!