Thursday, September 10, 2009

Homeward bound...

We have reached our final destination -- Madrid. We won´t be seeing much of it tho --- only what we saw driving around to find our hotel -- another adventure if map reading!! But we made it.

Both Greg and I have come down with a cold or something and we feel lousy. Also, Greg´s gout is really bothering him. We have no energy, so were just going to relax in our room. We found a market near by and bought some bread, meat and cheese and we´ll eat in our room. I´m going to bed real early tonite.

I think we´ll have to be up early tomorrow to give us enough time to find our way to the airport, turn in the car and get checked in.

I don´t know what time we arrive home tomorrow, but I believe it´s mid afternoon. ´

So my next post will be from home.

PS - a couple of things I forgot to tell you about

- while driving around Spain, we´d see these woman on the lower highways standing around waiting for a bus. It didn´t take long before we realized they were not waiting for a bus -- they were waiting for ´work´ !!
- there was something else, but I´ve already forgotton. Maybe when I get home...

Until then -- take care!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you are both feeling rough--sounds like some R&R is needed! Safe travels home and talk to you soon!

hugs, P

Margo said...

I've so enjoyed reading all of your adventures.... sorry to hear both you and Greg are under the weather though..... enjoy your last hours there.... safe travels!!

Jillian said...

Sounds like you could use a vacation from your vacation!!!
Have a safe trip home!!!

Jillian said...

Sounds like you could use a vacation from your vacation!!!
Have a safe trip home!!!

Jillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.