Friday, September 4, 2009

Pisa and Florence

Today I was on my own. Greg wasn't interested -- he was too tired from Rome yesterday and we've seen Florence, so he stayed on board. He and our British friends went into Liverno in the afternoon for a late lunch.

I did go on the excursion, since we did pay for it! First it was an hour ride to Pisa. We had an hour there. Took all the pictures (although none of me 'holding it up', which is obviously the most popular pose) and did a little wandering around. From there we were about another hour to Florence. We had about 3.5 hours there. I walked around and took some pictures, but was concerned about getting lost and not finding my way back... lol and they are very strict about you getting back to the meeting point on time, or you have to find your own way back to the ship. Taxi would have been over 300 Euros! So I did a little shopping, bought some post cards, had some lunch and then it was the 1.5 hour journey back to the ship.

Tonite is our last formal night. I bought a shawl today to go with the dress I bought in Santorini.

The cruise is slowly coming to an end... :-(

My feet are still quite swollen and the rash doesn't look a whole lot better. I'm going for a foot message in 45 minutes. Hopefully that will help. I'm sure my last day at sea will help too, if I just stay off my feet and keep them elevated.

Anyways...it's been another great day. Tomorrow we are in Cannes, France. We are doing Monaco and Eze. Looking forward to that. Then it's a day at sea and then finally Barcelona.

Have a great afternoon/evening!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahaha--on holding the Tower up!! Too bad you had to do it on your own, but at least you got to shop! That's the most important thing, isn't it?